I was just looking
later, I found connections between the photos.
the connections may not be obvious – the
images were made
with different cameras
at different times and places.
you could say they were all
made with the same mind,
same hands, but
I don’t think so.
a thread connects the pictures
in spite of some inchoate commonality,
each image was made with a new
batch of molecules, a rearrangement of
electrons, a fresh tumble of light and brain
cells. it’s different every time
but the images connect with each other.
just looking. always
The photos were made between 2008 & 2021, by keeping my eyes open. 🙂
If you’re curious:
- Looking up at peoples’ feet on a staircase at the Whitney Museum of American Art, NY, NY.
- View through a curtained window, somewhere north of New York City.
- Corner of 33 Rd. & 10th St., Long Island City, NY.
- Bamboo and curtained window at the Center for Urban Horticulture; Seattle, WA.
- Watercolor paints and photos on a table seen with a jiggled camera.
- Close-up of package mailed multiple times between Britain & USA.
- Isamu Noguchi sculpture & shadows; Noguchi Museum, NYC.
- Orchid and roots at the University of Washington Botany Greenhouse, Seattle, WA.
- Old keys from the William E. Dodge House (built 1863 in Riverdale, NY) on an antique desk.
- A rust-ridden hoop found on a beach in Staten Island, NY, then hung on a wall shaded by window blinds.
- A rock at Kubota Garden; Seattle, WA.
- Part of a dock at Deception Pass State Park, WA.
- Hanging sculpture made from shells at an airbnb; Leiden, Netherlands.
- Snow and porch railing; Fidalgo Island, WA.
- Metal sculpture on a wall at an airbnb; Phoenix, AZ.
- A display involving hanging, translucent printed fabric and a photograph; ABC Carpet & Home, NY, NY.